CUV50411 Diploma of Photo Imaging
BECOME A HIGHLY SKILLED PHOTOGRAPHER
Becoming a successful commercial photographer requires more than taking great pictures. You also need specialist photo imaging skills and the ability to deliver what clients visualise. That’s what this course delivers. Ideal for aspiring photographers and those looking to improve their photography and image manipulation skills, this course can help get your professional photography career off to the right start.
START A CAREER IN:
- Commercial Photography
- Fashion & Glamour Photography
- Sports Photography
- News Photojournalism
- Wedding & Portrait Photography
- Photo Technician or Image Manipulator
QUICK COURSE GUIDE
Diploma of Photo Imaging
CRICOS Course code
VIC – TBA
Study Options- Australian Students
Full-time and part-time/blended
The part-time courses are blended – mostly on-campus but with some subjects online
Soon to be delivered
Study options –
1 years full-time (including breaks) or 2 years part-time
720 hours classroom study
Three start dates a year – enquire about upcoming dates
Refer our friendly Course and Careers Advisors for specific
Course and Entry Requirements Information
Austudy approved, and flexible
payment options available (VFH
Demonstrated skills and knowledge – Practical/Written
Part-time students will submit all their assessments online through portal
Sydney (available to Australian students only) and Brisbane
* As part of the entry requirments of this course, you will need to submit examples of creative work or other evidence to demonstrate a genuine interest in photo imaging. Contact your consultant for more information about these and other specific entry requirements.
SUBJECTS / UNITS OF COMPETENCY
• CUVPHI516A Research the role and use of the photo image in visual communication
• CUVPHI517A Research and exploit photo imaging trends
• CUVPHI529A Employ colour management in a digital imaging workplace
• CUVDIG401A Experiment with techniques to enhance digital images
• CUVPHI518A Explore the descriptive and emotive nature of photo lighting
• CUVDIG501A Refine digital art techniques
• CUVPHI521A Produce commercial photo images
• CUVPHI522A Provide domestic portrait services
• CUVPHI523A Produce media photo images
• CUVPHI527A Make illustrative images for publication and display
• CUVPHI525A Plan, capture and exploit visual art photo images
• CUFIND401A Provide services on a freelance basis
• CUAIND401A Extend expertise in specialist field
• CUFPOS402A Manage media assets
• CUVACD512A Work with photomedia in creative practice
• CUVPRP503A Present a body of own creative work
• CUVGRD504A Create and manipulate graphics
This course is offered full-time and part-time at campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast, and through online education. There are three start dates each year for On-campus courses, and monthly start dates for Online, so you can start your course at a time that suits you. Contact your Course and Careers Advisor now for upcoming start dates.
WHERE ARE CAMPUSES LOCATED?
Campuses are located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. All campuses are designed to provide students with professional and spacious studio environments in which to learn and work. Campuses are equipped with audiovisual teaching materials, industry journals, books and online reference materials.
Facilities and services include:
• Resources Centre; housing books, magazines, publications, CDs, DVDs
• FREE catalogue with UNILINC membership
• Electronic Database to leading online journals
• Printing and copying services
• FREE wireless access available to students
• Student break-out spaces equipped with iMacs for group work
• Student lounge areas – most with microwaves, kitchenette facilities and vending
• Student Services Staff – to assist with administrative issues
• Student Support Services – including counselling
• Part-time students will also have access to a lot of additional online material, to support those subjects they’re taking on-campus.
• Part-time students have access to academics who can answer their questions or worries about assessments. They will be able to call or email the online academic team with any questions, which will give them greater access to academic support.
A UNIQUE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
THE FASTER, FLEXIBLE WAY TO A REAL DESIGN CAREER
This course produces work-ready graduates capable of taking up a range of positions within the graphic design industry.
ENJOY REAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
A recognised, accredited qualification which gives you a real career advantage when you’re starting out in design, thanks to the school’s strong industry links.
ARTICULATION FOR FURTHER STUDY
If you are keen to push your creativity to the next level, the Diploma of Photo Imaging offers RPL pathway into Bachelor of Arts (Visual Communication) majoring in photography at Raffles College of Design and Commerce, upon successful completion of the Diploma you will be granted 1.5 years course credit toward this 3 year Bachelor Degree. A great opportunity for you to enhance your knowledge and skills as you prepare for a position within the photo imaging industry.
INDUSTRY BODY INVOLVEMENT AND MEMBERSHIP
Students are eligible to join:
• AIPP – Australian Institute of Professional Photographers
• ACMP – Australian Commercial and Magazine Photographers graduates have been hired by a wide range of companies including:
• Billabong / Von Zipper
• Basis Advertising
• Metricon Homes
• Beacon Lighting
• David Jones
• Dreamworld + Disney
• Saatchi & Saatchi
• Blue Marlin
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS
Full time courses are Austudy/Abstudy approved and almost every Australian citizen is eligible for Government assistance through the VET FEE-HELP program. This means you do not have to pay anything upfront for your course, but can pay for your course as you earn.
PROJECT BASED, SUPPORTIVE TRAINING
You learn through project-based study. We encourage you to experiment, learning from your mistakes to hone your skills. Classes are informal and enable you to focus on your areas of interest.