SIT50307 Diploma of Hospitality
Would you like to join the hospitality industry and get the opportunity to travel the world while furthering your career? Then our Diploma of Hospitality can help you. Covering a diverse range of establishments providing services in the form of accommodation, food and beverage, the hospitality industry is one of Australia’s largest developing industries today.
Learn how to plan and control a range of hospitality products, control stock, promote goods and services to customers, maintain premises and outlets, monitor business compliance with legislative requirements, develop and manage financial budgets and develop operational plans to gain employment in any number of supervisory or managerial roles within the industry. You may even choose to go on to further your studies at a university level.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent as an entry-level manager in a hospitality business, possessing a sound theoretical knowledge base and the ability to use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and/or the work of their team. Work would be undertaken in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, resorts, catering operations, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
This program of training is suitable if you wish to pursue a career in the range of occupations associated with the hospitality industry in areas of restaurant and cafe management, food and beverage service and supervisory positions within hotels, clubs, restaurants, casinos, cruise ships, island resorts, entertainment centres, employee food service centres and catering businesses. Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as managing a department in a large hospitality enterprise or managing a small hospitality enterprise. Graduates can expect to work with people from all over the world.
This course is delivered over one year full-time. Training is held on campus. A minimum of 36 service periods in industry experience as well as vocational placement is required for successful completion of the qualification.
JOB READY SKILLS
• Industry trends
• Food and beverage service
• Coffee and bar operations
• Workplace hygiene and food handling practices
• Financial management in relation to business operations
• Contemporary and innovative business and people management solutions
• Recruitment and selection
• An understanding of relevant business legislative requirements to ensure compliance with workplace
health and safety and day to day business operations
• Ability to develop business operational plans
• Basic cookery skills
• Front office and housekeeping skills
• Food and beverage service
• Bar and coffee operations
• Workplace hygiene and food handling principles
• Hospitality industry knowledge and trends
• Customer interaction and services skills
• Training others
• Control of stock
• Financial management
• Workplace health and safety
• Supervision of operations
• Human resources, leadership and management
• Legal compliance
• Basic cookery
• Front office and housekeeping
• Guided tours
• Visit to a range of five star international hotels
• Access to employment opportunities
• Work at a range of events
When you’ve decided on your course option, simply fill out the online application form and we will provide you with all the information you need the next business day. If you need help deciding on the right course for you, or want more information on the application process, or need help completing your paperwork, call one of our course advisors today or click on the enquire here icon and we will call you! Are you ready start your career in hospitality?